Our company's mission is to be the state's leading resource for improving the quality of life for the people of South Carolina. One of the chief ways we do that is by protecting our environment. Our environmental efforts are core to our company's vision and beliefs. We are committed to:
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local environmental statutes, regulations, enforceable agreements, and permits.
- Continual improvement in environmental performance, through
- proactively seeking ways to enhance compliance,
- promoting conservation and renewable energy initiatives,
- minimizing environmental risks,
- promoting pollution prevention, and
- dedicating personnel, equipment, training, and materials for the comprehensive Environmental Management System.
Santee Cooper has always played a major role in conserving and preserving our environment.
From forging the GOFER, Give Oil for Energy Recovery, program to developing the state's first GreenPower program, we are active in protecting the environment of the Palmetto State.
Whether we're educating our children through school programs, sponsoring college interns, or simply increasing awareness, Santee Cooper does not compromise its stance on protecting our natural resources.