Santee Cooper works with participating universities to hire co-op students in a variety of disciplines. Targeted majors include Engineering and Computer Science. Current universities at which Santee Cooper recruits co-op students include but are not limited to, Clemson University, University of South Carolina, North Carolina A&T, South Carolina State University and Georgia Tech.Eligibility:
- Enrolled full-time in a four-year EAC/ABET accredited college/university
- Enrolled and accepted in the cooperative program of your current college/university
- Completed two semesters of course work
- Pass pre-employment physical including a drug screen
Advantages of Cooperative Education Program to students are:
- A competitive hourly wage
- Valuable work experience
- Exposure to industry work practices and procedures
- Opportunity to network with employees and other students
- Opportunity to be rehired for subsequent semesters
- Opportunity to be considered for full time employment upon graduation
How to Apply for a Santee Cooper Cooperative Education Position:
- Interested students must apply through the Cooperative Education Office at the college/university where enrolled.
- Santee Cooper conducts on campus interviews and posts co-op openings at participating universities.
- Contact your co-op office to find out when Santee Cooper will be recruiting on your campus or is accepting applications.